Laying down the base colors for Made to Heal! It’s been a really long time since I finished the concept sketch for it because I’ve been really bent on recording this one, and I’ve been working too much to record recently. (I’m recording three other pieces as well, which I’ll be releasing over time as part of a hopefully regular release pattern, but this one I didn’t want to touch unless I could record it.)
Luckily, Open Broadcaster Software just released their “Multi-platform” beta for Mac, which doesn’t require install - it just runs as a self-contained package, meaning I can record while I’m sitting at work! Now that I’ve finally started the painting process and gotten a chunk of it done, I can do it in bits and pieces between work and home.
For those wondering what’s going on with that little box there, I’ve been grabbing pictures online of abandoned places, throwing the ‘mosaic’ filter on them to destroy the image itself (I don’t use the image - that layer will be deleted) and picking colors from them to form the color palette. It’s been a really interesting exercise, and the colors I’ve been getting from this method have been great.
Asked by bitten-um-weitere
Thank you very much!
I’m really psyched to release it! With any luck I’ll be releasing it right around Halloween, which’ll make it all the more fun. I’m neck deep in school and work and everything right now, so I can’t say for certain if I’ll be able to make that deadline, but that’s the current goal!
Worst case scenario, it’ll be coming out before the end of the year, though, so even if a million things go wrong, there’s not too long to wait!
Lots more progress on the current painting! Haven’t been able to work on it for the past few days because I’ve been working for 15+ hours for the past few days (If I’ve seemed weird, that’s why, I’m just super tired), but I’ll be getting some more done on this and my new 3D animation tomorrow and throughout the week.
Over the next month or so, I’m gonna be looking into getting this and a few others printed on canvas (known as a giclee print - they’re really cool!) for an art show in one of the art buildings on campus.
Work-In-Progress pic of one of the paintings I’m currently working on - really excisted for this piece for a few reasons, but mostly because I’m doing something with this I’ve never done with a painting before, and it’s going really well so far.
Haven’t titled it yet, just been calling it “Streetlamp” as a working title.
The undersketch for a new piece, titled Made to Heal.
I saved this a WHILE ago, but I’ve been too lazy to post it until now. The only thing that’s changed, though, is that those wires have been finished to their original concept, barbed wire.
Of all bits and pieces of it so far, my favorite parts are the heart and the ribs, which turned out really nicely.
My Demo Reel is done, submitted, and up for public viewing, for anyone who’s interested!
I posted my Demo Reel last night before submitting it to Disney, and thought I’d share it across my personal blog and this, my art blog, in case people wanted to see it.